The warm water ejection at Hadera`s power plant attracts dozens of Dusky and Snadbar sharks, each year, in growing numbers, between November and March.
It is a unique phenomenon being investigated by the Morris-Kahn Marine Research Station in Haifa University.
The dive is both unique and challenging. A combination of elaborate conditions and powerful breath taking nature.
Old Caesarea Diving Center, with bountiful experience, ample resources, and close proximity, is now promoting publicly open guided dives, from a boat, in the “Stream of Sharks” site.
This allows for
– Quick, comfortable and safe getting organized and equipped in the Dive Center.
– Exit with the boat for the dive.
– Hot tea on the boat.
– Another dive in a different site.
– Return to the Dive Center for a hot shower.
We offer a package deal which includes 2 dives from the boat:
1. The first in the Stream of Sharks dive site.
2. The second – open for choice:
The Northern Island >
The Towers (entrance to the Herodian port) >
Or any of our other sites >
- In this dive, divers to instructors ratio is 2 divers per 1 instructor at most (due to the complexity of the site).
Apart from Israeli diving regulations usual requirements (certificate, log, and insurance), some experience is required –
– at least 30 logged dives.
– at least 2 Mediterranean seashore dives \ similar dive sites in the world.
Regardless of the conditions above – The Dive Center’s dives director and leading instructor of the dive – reserve the right not to accept any diver to the shark dive – at their discretion.
2 Guided dives from the boat, including full gear – 550 ILS per person.
Dives depart daily – depending on the number of divers and sea conditions.